Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ElementElement  ForumsForums  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Carrotcake recruitment application - DENIED

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carrot

Carrotcake recruitment application - DENIED Empty
PostSubject: Carrotcake recruitment application - DENIED   Carrotcake recruitment application - DENIED Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 2:05 pm

I know this is long, but I didn't want to put in some half-ass application in. I hope this gets put in the right spot. I didn't see a "reply to post" in the recruitment forum where the application was.

1 ) Name, class, race & server. Please include any alt characters you play on a semi-regular basis.

Carrotcake, troll disc priest on the Underbog. Currently leveling a prot paladin, Nårcissus. I have an 80 troll rogue, and an 80 troll hunter. All my other 80s exist to support my priest.

2 ) Link to your Armory profile and any information we would need to know explaining your spec and gear choices. Make sure you are in your PvE gear when you log out so that we can get an accurate Armory inspection. Also include any Combat Log Parses (WorldOfLogs, WoWWebStats, WoWMeterOnline, etc.) you may have.

At on point, I was ranked #31 in healing done on World of Logs for regular 10 man Lady Deathwhisper encounter. Even though that was on normal mode, most of a disc priest's abilities come from damage mitigation, but that ranking was for raw healing. My gear choice is one of the best throughputs for a disc priest. I don't stack a lot of mana regen, because like hit rating, you want just enough to get you by. Rather, I stack a lot of haste to shorten my global cooldown since a lot of my abilities come from instant cast spells. My spec will change once I hit 85. I project it being a 31/10/0 or 33/8/0 configuration for maximum mitigation. The spec that you're currently seeing are ones I use for 5 mans since I haven't raided since the release of 4.0.1. What's nice about the spec is that I can mitigate most of the damage going out which gives me time to dps. I don't like standing there. I want something to do.

3 ) Current guild, guild history, and explanations of why you have left past guilds. Also include any reason why you want to leave your current guild.

I was a guild officer for about a year in The Reservoir Dogs. I left them because the guild leaders didn't care about the guild anymore and they had no desire to pass the torch onto somebody else. The previous guild that I belonged to was The Children of the Corn. I left them because they didn't raid, and when they did raid, it was a horrible mess. However, I still keep in touch with the guild leaders.

4 ) Discuss your endgame raiding experience, and your goals for end game progression.

I've always enjoyed the more difficult fights, and I want to continue to do so. One Light Yogg, Algalon, and all the hard mode and heroic Lich King encounters. All 10 man, of course. I've solo healed heroic 10 man Sindragosa. The Sindragos fight, in itself, I found rather annoying due to Unchained Magic since I don't like just sitting there doing nothing. However, zerging H Sindragosa was probably the most fun I've had healing in a long time. When the encounter ended, I had 32 stacks of Unchained Magic (the first phase, I had to let it drop off otherwise I would have died during the icetomb phase). I have was also the solo raid healer for heroic 10 man Valithria (remember, I'm a disc priest).

5 ) If accepted, what’s the soonest you could start raiding with Element?

I would sign up for raids as soon as I saw them posted on the calendar. The only limitation would be how fast, in comparison to others, I can hit 85. With that being said, I've already purchased 2 copies (one for me, and one for my girlfriend) of Cataclysm, which should show my dedication to start playing cata the moment servers go live.

6 ) Can you make our raiding schedule at least 80% of the time?

I will make a 100% effor to make AT LEAST 80% of the raids. My past raid attendance is about 100%. The only foreseeable absences is my involvement with school and military obligations. I'm in the reserves so it's not too terribly much.

7 ) Is there any member in Element that would be willing to recommend and/or vouch for you? Also, please tell us a little bit about yourself.

Looking at the roster, I think about 80% of you know who I am. I'll just throw one name out. Yellowcake

8 ) Have you read the "Joining Element" Announcement thread in the Recruitment section on these forums? If so, tell us what stood out the most to you when it comes to who we're about and what we're looking for in potential recruits.

I have not read the announcement thread, however, I have heard of it via word of mouth. The reason why I am applying is that I too have certain expectations from a guild. I don't want to log into WoW and the only thing I can look forward to is farming. Within 2 minutes of quitting The Reservoir Dogs, I had two random guild invites, declining them both. I'm not looking to guild hop. I want to find a home, but willing to be guild-less until I find one. I'm applying here because I don't want to raid with a bunch of pansies. If you don't like the game, the TV channel or radio station, walk away, change the station, quit playing, or grow some thicker skin.

9 ) If a= 5000 and b=11, what’s a+b? Be sure to get this right – It is not a trick question.

Back to top Go down
Carrot

PostSubject: armory link   Carrotcake recruitment application - DENIED Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 2:07 pm

my link didn't paste.
Back to top Go down
Alkii
GM / Co-GM
GM / Co-GM
Alkii

PostSubject: Re: Carrotcake recruitment application - DENIED   Carrotcake recruitment application - DENIED Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 9:20 am

Carrot wrote:
my link didn't paste.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Underbog&cn=Carrotcake

For future reference, there is a box at the top of the reply box that says "Link." If you press that, it will give you a drop down box. Copy/Paste your URL into there and then submit. It will generate a link that we can click. Wink

Quote :
I know this is long, but I didn't want to put in some half-ass application in. I hope this gets put in the right spot. I didn't see a "reply to post" in the recruitment forum where the application was.

Did you happen to miss the following?:
Quote :
Simply copy/paste the form listed below into a new post on the recruitment forum and fill in the blanks.

There is no "reply to post" option because the thread is locked. I don't want applications from new recruits in that thread.

Quote :
I have not read the announcement thread, however, I have heard of it via word of mouth.

Reading the "Joining Element Announcement Thread" isn't an option, it's mandatory. Read it, answer the question associated with it and get back to us.

Application looks good. As of right now you should know that we're only looking to start as a 10 man raiding guild (with a 2nd group also) that eventually will upgrade to a 25 man progression raiding guild (this only applies if we get enough "skilled" players to form said 25 man). We are not interested in taking 15 elite players and filling the rest of the spots with mediocre or bad players just so we can be called a 25 man guild. Too much headache for us and we're not particularly interested in telling dumb fucks that they suck at this game on a consistent basis.

With that being said, as of right now you'd more than likely end up in the 2nd group. If you play to an exceptional level and stand out, then you will catch our attention. Skilled players will ultimately get their shot at the 1st group, but will have to earn their way to get there. Attendance, performance and attitude are all taken into consideration here.

If all of this sounds good to you, we'll be happy to bring you in. As of right now the guild is formed but we haven't all joined due to various reasons. The guild will be up and running approximately 1-2 weeks before launch. Contact myself or Skyy in game around that time for an invite if you're still interested at that time (pending you read the Joining Element thread and respond to the question associated with it).

Thanks for the application. Have a great day!

Back to top Go down
https://element.forumotion.com
Carrot

PostSubject: Re: Carrotcake recruitment application - DENIED   Carrotcake recruitment application - DENIED Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:27 am

I gues i misinterpreted "Joining Element" for the much larger portion "YOU MUST READ BEFORE YOU APPLY TO ELEMENT", so yes, I did read before I applied.

And I thought my copy/paste abilities were rather exceptional Very Happy
Did I get question question 9 right?
Back to top Go down
Alkii
GM / Co-GM
GM / Co-GM
Alkii

PostSubject: Re: Carrotcake recruitment application - DENIED   Carrotcake recruitment application - DENIED Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Carrot wrote:
I gues i misinterpreted "Joining Element" for the much larger portion "YOU MUST READ BEFORE YOU APPLY TO ELEMENT", so yes, I did read before I applied.

And I thought my copy/paste abilities were rather exceptional Very Happy
Did I get question question 9 right?

Carrotcake recruitment application - DENIED Face-palm

Application denied. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
https://element.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carrotcake recruitment application - DENIED   Carrotcake recruitment application - DENIED Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carrotcake recruitment application - DENIED
Page 1 of 1